06 June, 2017
George Conway, the husband of top Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, took a shot at the president on Twitter Monday morning by knocking his decision to issue a series of tweets about his proposed "travel ban".
Following Saturday's terror attacks in London, Trump contradicted the arguments of Justice Department lawyers defending the controversial executive order in court while he was pushing for the travel ban's implementation.
This was the second executive order President Trump signed on the matter. In lower court rulings halting the order, judges have cited Trump's statements outside the text of the order as evidence that it unconstitutionally targets Muslims. A Washington Post reporter confirmed that the Twitter account belongs to Conway. Indeed, we are likely to again hear any minute now that the media must also not cover his "travel ban", or his farcical demands to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, or his firing of an FBI director investigating his own staff, or the details of his supported healthcare plan, or of his budget, or of his hiring decisions, or of his lack of hirings, or of who he meets with, or of who he refuses to meet with, or literally anything else the idiot man-child says, does, thinks, writes, eats, or bangs his shins on.
He's completely correct, by the way-the reason the travel ban has been struck down by federal courts across America is that Trump's language is a dead giveaway that the ban is all about discrimination-not national security-and is therefore unconstitutional.
Former Trump campaign aides have said that during the campaign they would regularly wake up in the morning in fear of what their boss, then a candidate for president, would have tweeted in the wee hours of the morning.More news: Frightening wreck knocks Scott Dixon out of Indianapolis 500
Pressed again if Trump owed the London mayor an apology, Conway dodged the question again, instead directing the conversation toward the attack itself.
Trump seemed to acknowledge that his initial "travel ban" tweet was seen as a misstep in yet another post on Monday, but he was unapologetic about it. It's not policy. It's not policy, it's not an executive order.
He had been in the running to lead the Civil Division of the Department of Justice, but he withdrew his name from consideration on Friday, according to Politico. "The courts are slow and political!" Later, he trollingly asked whether he and Omar Jadwat, another lawyer challenging the ban, should "cede our 30min at lectern" - the time to argue before the justices at the Supreme Court - to the defendant (as in, Trump) "to make case for us".
He added: "We don't need the help but will take it!"