09 April, 2018
Mayweather announced his first retirement in 2015 after 49 consecutive victories, and then came out of retirement last summer to fight UFC star Conor McGregor, who had been boasting that he could best Mayweather in the ring.
During Saturday's Showtime broadcast of Lara vs. Hurd, Mayweather stated that he's considering one more fight and that it would only be in the UFC.
He told Showtime: 'I feel that when you have reached such high status, you have to carry yourself in a classy way.
Here is what Mayweather had to say about McGregor's recent actions which led to Conor being taken in to custody by the NYPD. "The world loved what we did, but outside the ring, you've got to carry yourself like a gentleman". "We could do a multi-fight deal".
However, a fight with the Irish lightweight champion seems increasingly unlikely as McGregor finds himself at the centre of a criminal prosecution for an attack on a rival's bus following a UFC media day in Brooklyn, New York.More news: New strikes on Syria's rebel Douma kill 8 civilians
Mayweather also teased a potential retirement comeback to fight in the UFC. Both posted bail and have been released with their court date set for June 14. Is it possible I come back?
"When I do go to the Octagon I look forward to going to 145 (pounds)". The son and nephew of two professional boxers, Mayweather has proven to be one of the greatest defensive specialists in the history of the sport, conjuring the likes of Willie Pep and Pernell Whitaker.
In the same interview, the retired 41-year old said that he's done boxing and would only consider a switch to the Octagon if the money was right.
Mayweather has downplayed the possibility of facing McGregor in the future, but remains open to a new career in UFC.
"I would not box again".