The Site is for a general audience, is not targeted to children, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
It also describes generally our practices for handling non-personal information for example, interests, demographics and services usage.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
thesouthernafrican.com and our service providers collect the following information from and about you:
- information you submit. It includes communications through the email addresses listed on the Site or receive newsletters or notifications. Information you submit may include,
for example, name, email address, gender and/or zip code;
- activity information. When you access and interact with the Site, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your
connection to the Site, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, etc.
If you access the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information.
- cookies and other tracking technologies such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies. Cookies are small bits of data that often include a
de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on
your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service.
These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Site, such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed,
search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen.
- third parties that support the Site by providing services, such as tracking aggregate Site usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. We do not
control technologies of other companies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
- most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether.
Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website,
Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Site.
- information from other sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services,
commercially available sources and information from our business partners.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the Site and features to you, including: to measure and improve those Site and features; to improve your experience with
the Site by providing content you may find relevant and interesting; to provide you with support and to respond to inquiries. When the information collected from or about
you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties.
We use the information we collect from and about you for these additional purposes:
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Site. thesouthernafrican.com may make your information available to certain third-party service providers,
such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the Site.
- To contact you. thesouthernafrican.com may periodically send materials and notifications related to the Site. If you want to stop receiving materials and notifications, you can contact
us or follow the unsubscribe instructions that may appear in such communications. There are certain service notification communications that you may not opt-out of,
such as notifications of changes to the Site or policies.
- To protect the rights of thesouthernafrican.com and other companies. There may be instances when we may disclose your information, including situations where thesouthernafrican.com has a good faith belief
that such disclosure is necessary in order to: 1 protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of thesouthernafrican.com; 2 protect the safety, privacy, and security
of users of the Site or members of the public; 3 protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; 4 comply with the law or legal process; or 5 respond to requests from
public and government authorities.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If thesouthernafrican.com sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger
or transfer of all or a material part of its business, we may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
thesouthernafrican.com uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft
and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us,
you may contact us to do so. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access,
change, update, or suppress. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Linked Services. The Site may also be linked to sites operated by unaffiliated companies, and may carry advertisements or offer content, functionality, newsletters,
or applications developed and maintained by unaffiliated companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of unaffiliated companies, and once you leave the Site or
Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin,
political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership on or through the Site or otherwise.